Saturday, April 23, 2011

Homemade Oreos


I personally enjoy things a lot more when they've been homemade. There's just something delicious about food that's been made in your own kitchen or by someone you know. No matter how much I love the Oreos you can buy in the store, I have to say that since trying this recipe, I prefer it over the store bought brand. (Sorry Oreos) They're soft and have that ooie gooie factor that the regular ones just don't have.

While I use this recipe a lot, I can't take credit for it. I found this lovely recipe at My Baking Addiction and you can find it there. (Click the link and it will take you directly to the recipe. any links I use will take you directly to whatever it is I'm talking about)

But! When I made this recipe the first time I liked the icing but I've since changed it because it is very sweet (like a regular Oreo) and with the cookie I thought it was a little much. So, I use a sweet cream cheese frosting instead.


Cream Cheese Icing 
 Yield: Enough for frosting 30 Oreo Cookies
Ingredients:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1-2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed, or in a stand mixer, cream unsalted butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
2. Still at a medium speed, slowly incorporate powdered sugar. Add as much or as little as you want until you get the consistency that you like.
3. Place icing on a cookie, whether using a spoon or piping bag, and smoosh with another cookie. I used a zip block bag that I just cut one corner off of. Since it's going to be pressed together anyway I didn't feel the need to use a tip.

Note: If you want/like the sweeter frosting you can go ahead and use the one featured on My Baking Addiction, but this is the one I use.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Till next time,

-Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment